It is the duty of the healthcare professional to ask nonjudgmental assessment questions about Cannabis use, provide unbiased information, and help guide the patient to use it wisely.
Physicians currently cannot prescribe CBD. However, the better informed they are the more they can help improve adherence to healthy behaviors.
As a doctor, important considerations for medicinal CBD use include:
•Be open and non-judgmental in the dialogue with patients to keep communication open
• Be aware of the legal issues in your state
• Provide legitimate and fair websites and clinical education to patients to research onheir own
• Help patients be aware of drug to plant interactions, side effects and risks of addiction.
• Set goals and safety parameters if using CBD products
• Consider a treatment agreement
• Be mindful of addiction, abuse and mental health issues
As a patient, you may want to consider:
• Use a CBD product made from organically grown hemp
• Look for full or broad spectrum CBD
• Require transparency from your CBD company
• Keep CBD products out of reach of children
• Ask for test results and studies from manufacturers
• Utilize Independent Certifications when comparing product companies
• Look for companies that test for pesticides and heavy metals
Golden Bee Hemp Pain Salve – Lemongrass
1000 mg CBD/CBG with Select Organic Terpenes, Menthol, Arnica
This article was written by Rylee, founder of Golden Bee Hemp, and Robin, Research & Product Development Specialist of Golden Bee Hemp, True Natural Oils & Natural Pet Oil.
Not Medical Advice. Not intended to treat, cure, diagnose, or prevent any disease.