It is the duty of the healthcare professional to ask nonjudgmental assessment questions about Cannabis use, provide unbiased information, and help guide the patient to use it wisely.
Physicians currently cannot prescribe CBD. However, the better informed they are the more they can help improve adherence to healthy behaviors.
As a doctor, important considerations for medicinal CBD use include:
•Be open and non-judgmental in the dialogue with patients to keep communication open
• Be aware of the legal issues in your state
• Provide legitimate and fair websites and clinical education to patients to research onheir own
• Help patients be aware of drug to plant interactions, side effects and risks of addiction.
• Set goals and safety parameters if using CBD products
• Consider a treatment agreement
• Be mindful of addiction, abuse and mental health issues
As a patient, you may want to consider:
• Use a CBD product made from organically grown hemp
• Look for full or broad spectrum CBD
• Require transparency from your CBD company
• Keep CBD products out of reach of children
• Ask for test results and studies from manufacturers
• Utilize Independent Certifications when comparing product companies
• Look for companies that test for pesticides and heavy metals
Shop our Human & Pet Products!
Use Code: Welcome15 for 15% off your first purchase!
- Pain Salve
- CBD Oil
- & More!
Not Medical Advice. Not intended to treat, cure, diagnose, or prevent any disease.
Written By: Rylee Josipovich. Host of Let’s Talk About CBD Podcast, Founder of Golden Bee Hemp, COO of True Natural Oils & Natural Pet Oil.
Get to know me better by listening to “Let’s Talk about CBD”
SPOTIFY at: https://open.spotify.com/show/1D1wNd0ew0imsez3tR3DMR
APPLE PODCASTS at: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/lets-talk-about-cbd/id1639848427